Forum    FAQ

Board index » WILDBOAR HUNTING AND TRAPPING » WILDBOAR HUNTING TIPS AND TACTICS

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:51 am 
BRONZE
BRONZE

From late Aug. of last year, I didn't see any pigs. All winter is was dead, they weren't even coming to cattle feeders.

Now I'm starting to see some lone boars.

One down last week and two last night.

In the 150lb range.

We had a HUGE crop of acorns, everybody figured they were all in the timber.

Still not seeing any sows with squealers.

Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:28 pm 
BRONZE
BRONZE

Good hunting! Same here in Ga. seeing a few lone Boars. However, those spotted pigs are multiplying, had 2 cam pics of 2 sows & 4 piglets each... sows & piglets were all spotted. Will make it easy to tell the difference between them and a bear.

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:27 am 
SILVER
SILVER

I was having good luck with them, but after shooting them a couple of nights, they left - so, I went looking for a new place - found tracks in an old cut-over, & set up stand by the one tree that was left - killed one just as getting dark. Maybe moving around helps - one thing I can't figure out is I have a feeder that a sow and piglets will not come to - their tracks are within 25 yards of it, but they will not feed under it - anyone know why?

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:40 am 
BRONZE
BRONZE

Are you wearing rubber gloves and boots when checking or filling feeder? Number 1 thing is scent control, I believe. Hogs have a great sense of smell

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:32 am 
SILVER
SILVER

I wear rubber boots & for several years they come to feeders but not this one group - big question mark for me, lol

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 pm 
BRONZE
BRONZE

Sure sounds like that lead hog is feeder shy, some hogs get really smart. If you do get the chance at that group pick off the leader 1st. The rest have been dependent on her and they won’t be near so hard to get once she’s gone. Good luck!

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:47 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Ronnie wrote:
Sure sounds like that lead hog is feeder shy, some hogs get really smart. If you do get the chance at that group pick off the leader 1st. The rest have been dependent on her and they won’t be near so hard to get once she’s gone. Good luck!
Thanks! We've killed 3 of em, but all during the day - this is the areas that is my "go to" place where I usually kill the most, and biggest, but this year totally different!

[ 7 posts ] 

Board index » WILDBOAR HUNTING AND TRAPPING » WILDBOAR HUNTING TIPS AND TACTICS