Forum    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » CAMPFIRE CHAT

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 1 post ] 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:45 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Well, night season has ended, here. I've really enjoyed it, and killed a couple of good boars this year. I've got so much to learn, but this I know, lol, wind direction and scent control is key. I've learned more respect for the wariness of hogs than I have for deer. I've actually tried, and failed, to run deer away from the feeder late in the day, and at night. Hogs, you make one slight noise, or if he smells you, game's over - he's outta there. To compound my problem, I hunt in the woods, very close range (within 50 yards), so that makes it even harder. When the weather turns hot, & you sweat while on the stand, it's not much you can do but hope for one with a stuffed up nose, lol. That's why the months of March thru mid-May are best, at least what I've experienced. If anyone has some suggestions for my type hunting, please post them - I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » CAMPFIRE CHAT