Forum    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » BLINDS N FEEDERS

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Building A Blind
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:37 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Ok I gonna try again.

This is a Tow tank with a jug in it, this is what we use for Building Deer blinds among other this, this TT is made out of the 3/4 tubing, they are made to transport liquids in, the other type basket made out of the heavy duty wire is what we make the hog traps they are used for the same purpose to transport liquids.

Imageids in

This is the jug taken out of the basket and marked to cut out windows to make the top, we cut the top of the jug off and invert it and the bottom become to the top because its thicker.

THis is with the jug cut out and attached to the basket, use self tapping screws. just posting this stuff to show you what we are doing with TT

This picture show how the Top is cut into pieces to make eves over the windows and fill in around the corners to prevent rain from coming in. Still need to put some kind of cover around the basket and we use a felt that is used at paper mills. I will post a picture of one that is complete and set up.

Post subject: Re: Hog Traps
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:29 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

This is some TT made up and ready to put out:

This is one of the TT on a tripod

This on is just stacked baskets, the bottom one has jug in with the top cut off and filled with dirt

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:24 am 
SILVER
SILVER

What a great series of photos and what a great idea. You have put some thought into this reuse of a used up item. And it works!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:12 am 
SILVER
SILVER

Yea When we started using them we could get them for nearly nothing but when people started finding out about all the things they can be used for they started to get more expensive but occasionally you run across some for nothing so if you plan to try some check around before letting anyone know what you are doing with them.

Post subject: Re: Building A Blind
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:46 pm 
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

First time I've seen that idea :!: :idea:
Excellent.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:36 am 
SILVER
SILVER

The idea's for the design on these blinds came from a lot of different sources, being the welder in the group I was involved in building all of them, we now have 60 something of them build, and every new batch we build we find improvements to make, first ones we made the windows to big, They work great and we buy old office chairs that swivel and carpet on the floors, put little selves in them to set thing on so they are easy to get to, Like a cold Beer :roll: :lol: . At first the Deer kind of avoid them but they get use to them after awhile and during the rut don't pay them any attention, hogs never pay them any attention unless they smell you.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:17 pm 
HONORED
HONORED

Looks like a great idea....and the reason I can't even find "ONE" to haul water in... :crazy:
I may have to look harder now....I want one for myself! ;)

Bill

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:55 pm 
BRONZE
BRONZE

Do uou cover the blind with some 3D cammo neting? Very innovative idea. The roof is also a plus

[ 8 posts ] 

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » BLINDS N FEEDERS