Forum    FAQ

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » SCOPES OPTICS NIGHTVISION TRAILCAMS » SCOPES NIGHTVISION

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:14 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Anyone familiar with this scope? I will probably order one next week - this IR has no red glow at the scope like the others which spook game. My old ATN scope is going bad & having to replace it - the IR 450 on it will definitely spook game I've witnessed that many times. The 940 IR doesn't see as far as the 850 which has the glow - they advertise that you can "detect" game at 200 yds with it but that doesn't mean you can shoot that far and I don't need to, but I do want to shoot 100 yds - will it do that?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:07 pm 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

I'm really wanting to check out the new Sightmark Wraith 4K scope.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:19 pm 
BRONZE
BRONZE

It sounds like your scopes detector is probably an 850 nm detector and is getting a little bit of usable IR light from the 940 nm light. I have a relative that has an old IR scope that I plan on visiting with later this year. Playing around, I found that Ebay had a 5 watt 850 nm mountable flashlight for $11.00 and ordered one. It runs 'several hours' on an 18650 rechargeable battery. I have several flashlights that use the same battery and have extra batteries and chargers for them.

When it arrived, I tried it out to see if my camera's CCD ( light collector/ digitizer) would work with it. The camera didn't. ( It probably has an IR blocking filter on it.) I noted that the IR led in the flashlight had a bright purple to pink-purple glow. ( Possibly the issue you are having.) If we get the 3rd virus check, I'm going to buy an IR low pass or band pass filter for 850 nm and see if that blocks the visible light. A 1" square of IR band pass filter is under $5. If it works, I'm going to get the 10 watt 850 nm focusing illuminator for $40 and buy a 40mm piece of the same IR band pass filter.

Note: Use flashlight head with a glass lens. Trim & mount the IR bandpass filter inside the head against the glass lens. The filter is a plastic film that can be scratched easily. Glue it to the aluminum head with super glue. ( As an aside, never clean with harsh chemicals. I had a tech onetime that cleaned a bunch of clear plastic fisheye lenses for our IR product with acetone. The acetone made the plastic look cleaner and bright; but, the acetone melted the lens surface and this melted surface totally blocked the IR light. LOL :) )

Semper Fi,

Tom

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:42 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

mley1 wrote:
Marty - before you purchase the wraith, check out the recoil that it will withstand. I have the Photon rt 6-12x50 & it is rated up to a .375 H & R magnum.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:50 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

So far I'm loving this photon scope - NO IR glow at all with it - total darkness, the way I like it - I've seen coons run from the red glow on the old IR scopes I had from ATN. Only thing is it eats batteries (uses 4 AA) so I bought rechargeable & save lots of $ that way. It also has a video feature so I can video my shot - LOVE this feature & watch it several times - can see where cross-hair is when gun fires - that's important. I don't find the "one-shot' zero very user friendly, & have an engineer friend who bought one and he had the same problem, bottomed out on the vertical adjustment & he recommended a "shim" - i tried it and it works!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:32 pm 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

troyo wrote:
mley1 wrote:
Marty - before you purchase the wraith, check out the recoil that it will withstand. I have the Photon rt 6-12x50 & it is rated up to a .375 H & R magnum.

Supposedly it withstands up to .308 recoil. I'll likely be using it mostly on my crossbow and a 5.56, or 6.8spc. I might, on occasion use it on my .308.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:24 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

They say it's a great scope! Go get 'em!!!

[ 7 posts ] 

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » SCOPES OPTICS NIGHTVISION TRAILCAMS » SCOPES NIGHTVISION