Forum    FAQ

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » SCOPES OPTICS NIGHTVISION TRAILCAMS » SCOPES NIGHTVISION

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:38 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

I have an ATN MK 410 night vision scope, which is Gen 1. They tell me that a 308 or 30-06 is the largest caliber the scope can withstand. I've read elsewhere that some manufacturers will only allow their use on a 223. Any way to get around this? My gun is for hog hunting only, so I'm not opposed to adding several pounds weight to it to reduce the recoil. Also, what about placing a towel over the end of the gun barrel to reduce muzzle flash? Anyone try any of these things? I'm interested in hearing about what others do. I wanted to buy a 35 Whelen but didn't because of this very factor. Everything I've read about the 35 Whelen is that it is an excellent hog gun.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:38 am 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

I would look at getting a suppressor. The suppressor should mitigate any muzzle flash from the barrel. Plus, your ears will thank you. Not to mention, there would be a possibility of multiple shots due to confusion on the pigs part on where the shots were coming from.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:31 am 
SILVER
SILVER

Good suggestion, mley1. I'm not familiar with suppressors but may look into it. I bet it's expensive but if it solves this problem then it's worth it!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:39 am 
GOLD
GOLD

Better get your paperwork started now, it takes a long time to get your form 4 approved. I've been waiting 10 months now.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:44 am 

I have a suppressor on my 308, Really like it. Your selection of suppressors for the larger bore will be limited and the paper will take a while. You have to buy the suppressor before you can do the paper or you can start a gun trust. Either way the NFA paperwork will take a while ( mine took about a year) and the Feds will charge you $200.

[ 5 posts ] 

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » SCOPES OPTICS NIGHTVISION TRAILCAMS » SCOPES NIGHTVISION