Forum    FAQ

Board index » WILDBOAR HUNTING AND TRAPPING » TEXASBOARS FEEDERLIGHTS

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: TEXASBOARS PRODUCTS ONLY in this forum.

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Pro Hunter 25 X 55 Yds
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

I am interested in this feeder light, think it would suit my purposes for short distances in the woods where my stand/feeder is located. If you could help me decide my size battery I might need. I only hunt about 3 hours at a time, all the sitting I can take, lol. I may hunt 2 - 3 nights a week. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Oh, I have a group size 27 marine battery to run my trolling motor on my pirogue, but it weighs about 60 lbs. but I could cart it thru the woods somehow if it would suffice.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:22 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Locally, Batteries Plus Bulbs has a Duracell Ultra 12V 9AH AGM SLA battery for $42 if that would do run for 3 hours one night & 3 hours another night before requiring a recharge that wouild be good. They don't look very heavy

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:12 am 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

That's a great light. When I go out to hunt I carry my light, a tripod to attach it to, and a 12vlt feeder battery. It all fits in my backpack. When I get where I'm going to hunt I attach my light to the tripod, and then I can attach the 12vlt feeder battery. It works pretty good for me. I've never run out of batter juice, and I recharge the battery the next day. If I go for a whole weekend or more I carry a couple feeder batteries.

I have mine like this because I don't have any permanent setups. If I had my own place, and a permanent blind I'd have a deep cycle battery on it with a dusk to dawn switch and a large solar panel.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:59 am 
GOLD
GOLD

I have run 1 to 2 of my lights on small 7 amp hour batteries like Marty is talking about for hours. I plug them in to charge in the morning and they are ready by sundown that evening. Those are easiest to pack in and out and you know you are maintaining a good charge. If you wanted to put a big deep cycle battery at a fix location (stand) it would last weeks and weeks before needing a recharge. Of course, it's a real batch humping that thing in and out. I think Academy sells a smaller deep cycle for trolling motors that would be easier to carry. Basically it boils down to whether you want to carry in and out a little battery and charge frequently or charge once a month or 2 and carry a big box of lead in and out of the field, only you can decide whats best for you. If you have a strong young person around, that helps.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:41 am 
SILVER
SILVER

mley1 wrote:
That's a great light. When I go out to hunt I carry my light, a tripod to attach it to, and a 12vlt feeder battery. It all fits in my backpack. When I get where I'm going to hunt I attach my light to the tripod, and then I can attach the 12vlt feeder battery. It works pretty good for me. I've never run out of batter juice, and I recharge the battery the next day. If I go for a whole weekend or more I carry a couple feeder batteries.

I have mine like this because I don't have any permanent setups. If I had my own place, and a permanent blind I'd have a deep cycle battery on it with a dusk to dawn switch and a large solar panel.

Thanks, this is the kind of info I wanted. I have 2 stationary stands/feeders, but also use another small stand to move to different locations. Thanks again

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:45 am 
SILVER
SILVER

Gary Rapp wrote:
I have run 1 to 2 of my lights on small 7 amp hour batteries like Marty is talking about for hours. I plug them in to charge in the morning and they are ready by sundown that evening. Those are easiest to pack in and out and you know you are maintaining a good charge. If you wanted to put a big deep cycle battery at a fix location (stand) it would last weeks and weeks before needing a recharge. Of course, it's a real batch humping that thing in and out. I think Academy sells a smaller deep cycle for trolling motors that would be easier to carry. Basically it boils down to whether you want to carry in and out a little battery and charge frequently or charge once a month or 2 and carry a big box of lead in and out of the field, only you can decide whats best for you. If you have a strong young person around, that helps.

Thx for the info Gary. I am really looking to see which light I need, most likely the Pro Hunter - I had NO idea y'all made a light that hogs can't see - I had always heard that green doesn't scare them as much, but now understand red and/or a mixture is best. Whatever, lol, just so it works. Think my son may be interested in these, too. I just rigged up my 223 AR for my grandson who is dieing to go hog hunting, lol. He will, this next week - hope he gets one!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:11 pm 
GOLD
GOLD

good luck to the boy

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:42 pm 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

troyo wrote:
Gary Rapp wrote:

I just rigged up my 223 AR for my grandson who is dieing to go hog hunting, lol. He will, this next week - hope he gets one!

On the .223 AR for hogs. Use good bullets(think Barnes TSX or TTSX), and remember shot placement is EVERYTHING. Read Texasboars article on shot placement. You'll be glad you did. Hogs are much different than deer.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:08 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Gary Rapp wrote:
good luck to the boy

Thanks! He's 12, about to turn 13, and LOVES the woods, and hunting. With him when he killed his first deer, and ducks. Now, he's after hogs. Out of school on spring break next week so we'rre goin hog hunting!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:11 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

mley1 wrote:
troyo wrote:
Gary Rapp wrote:

I just rigged up my 223 AR for my grandson who is dieing to go hog hunting, lol. He will, this next week - hope he gets one!

On the .223 AR for hogs. Use good bullets(think Barnes TSX or TTSX), and remember shot placement is EVERYTHING. Read Texasboars article on shot placement. You'll be glad you did. Hogs are much different than deer.
Yep, I've seen it and great article! I have the remington hog hammer shells for it, and they use the barnes bullet.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:13 pm 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

Troyo, sounds like you've got the youngster well equipped. Now all ya'll need is a hog or two, or three!! Good luck and post some pics when that youngster gets his hog!!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:23 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Thanks, will do! We may or may not get one, he has a medical condition that he has to be in bed by 9:30 so can only hunt from dark to say 8:30 but we will take what we can get. He absolutely loves it and appears he may be as obssessed with hunting as i've always been, lol. Last year he had a hog scare him in the woods one day, and made me mad, so I hunted him next day and killed what we believed to be the same hog - found out later he didn't want me to, he wanted to kill it himself, lol.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:18 pm 
HONORED
HONORED

Troyo, you need to get in touch with Kevin (Texasboars), he makes each light by hand, if you want the best for your situation, give the man a call.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:14 am 
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

I'm not trying to be rude or disrepsectful when I say, There is absolutely no need for Solar Panels and Dusk to Dawn switches on feeder lights. Spend your money on Light so you can see to hunt.

The PRO-HUNTER will serve you well out to 50 yards and for many people beyond 50 yards. I keep it conservative and provide that range is for comfortable viewing.
The Pro-Hunter is extremely popular light because it's small, light, runs a long time a 9 AmpHour SLA Battery. SO you can take it just about anywhere and set it up fast and easy.

I practice what I advise, we don't use solar panels, fancy switches or fancy gadgets.
Set the lights up on a studio tripod when we hunt and take them home when we're thru hunting. We don't have stands for hog abatement. Usually we hunt from the truck, I normally shoot off the drivers side mirror unless we're taking video of the hunt, then we set in chairs so we can video. Point being, we're on the move to different set ups all the time. Moving from one property to the next and due to the wind set up accordingly. So the fact the lights are so mobile and easy to set up we can choose our ambush spot properly. We don't leave lights running all night every night, there is absolutely no need of it. The hogs simply have no clue the lights are on.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:35 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Paul Burkett wrote:
Troyo, you need to get in touch with Kevin (Texasboars), he makes each light by hand, if you want the best for your situation, give the man a call.
Thanks - I'm trying to look into all my options, seems the intensifier tube on my night vision scope may be going out - I hunt remote places so carry light is the word of the day, lol. A small light like this would be great "if" I know it will not scare hogs that haven't been exposed to it before. The advantage is you can use a regular rifle scope with it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:42 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

TEXASBOARS wrote:
I'm not trying to be rude or disrepsectful when I say, There is absolutely no need for Solar Panels and Dusk to Dawn switches on feeder lights. Spend your money on Light so you can see to hunt.

The PRO-HUNTER will serve you well out to 50 yards and for many people beyond 50 yards. I keep it conservative and provide that range is for comfortable viewing.
The Pro-Hunter is extremely popular light because it's small, light, runs a long time a 9 AmpHour SLA Battery. SO you can take it just about anywhere and set it up fast and easy.

I practice what I advise, we don't use solar panels, fancy switches or fancy gadgets.
Set the lights up on a studio tripod when we hunt and take them home when we're thru hunting. We don't have stands for hog abatement. Usually we hunt from the truck, I normally shoot off the drivers side mirror unless we're taking video of the hunt, then we set in chairs so we can video. Point being, we're on the move to different set ups all the time. Moving from one property to the next and due to the wind set up accordingly. So the fact the lights are so mobile and easy to set up we can choose our ambush spot properly. We don't leave lights running all night every night, there is absolutely no need of it. The hogs simply have no clue the lights are on.
This sounds good - lightweight and portable - I would only use the lights for about 3 hours at a time if it would last for 2 nights (6 hourss) then I could recharge the battery. I'm just having to get thru this thing about hogs not seeing the lights, lol. I KNOW this - coons WILL see infrared light at night, or else me behind it, lol.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:44 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

OK - if I order the pro hunter for $62.50, does that include the cord from the light to the battery or is there an extra charge for the cord, and if so, what is its cost?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:58 pm 
GOLD
GOLD

All 3 lights I got from Texasboars come with the cord. You will need to choose and attach the terminals you like. I use alligator clips.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:22 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Thanks - I'm about ready to do something, lol.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am 
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Hi Troyo,
Not sure if you checked out the product page for the Pro Hunter.
It now has most all the information needed to answer all your questions.

Pro Hunter product page;
https://texasboars.com/feeder-lights/pr ... ight.shtml

I have not got the "connection cord" info in place just yet but I am working on it.

The light will come with about 8 feet of cord which will include the "driver electronics".
The only thing you'll need for operating 2 - 3 hours is a 6 volt 7+ AmpHour SLA or 12 volt and a Tripod or similar device.

For more detailed information check out that product page. :thumbup:

I wish you the best on your hunt,

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » WILDBOAR HUNTING AND TRAPPING » TEXASBOARS FEEDERLIGHTS