Forum    FAQ

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » SCOPES OPTICS NIGHTVISION TRAILCAMS » TRAILCAMS

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 12 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:24 pm 
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Sure would like to hear from y'all.
What TrailCams do you use and what do you like :?:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:55 pm 

Currently I'm running 5 moultrie m-80xt. Overall I have had good success w/ithis brand & style. It takes great day/night pics, operates like clockwork, sometimes one or two of the cameras will eat a set of batteries for some unforeseen reason(this is a mystery to me). I did have one of these TC I replaced last year due to it just stopped working one day after 12 months of use. I warrantied it and haven't had any issues since then. I recently picked a moultrie-990gi, I will be putting this TC out later in the week and will post a review on down the road.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:11 am 
SILVER
SILVER

I have been using Bushnell Cameras < Small size, works great, easy to setup and Batteries will last, for a year, takes 8 AA battries. Every time I have had a problem I sent back to Bushnell and so far they have sent me a new upgrade at no cost, so now most of my cameras are new, had one stolen the last week of the season, I now have 5 but plan to get more before next hunting season.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:14 pm 

I currently have two Wild Game cameras and been fairly happy with them. I'm planning on buying a couple more and they will not be Wild Game. Reason being, poor customer service. I purchased their battery pack for my cameras and could not get it to work. Took it back to Academy and they replaced it with a new one. The second didn't work either. Called their customer service and was told to test the batteries, because he said they had some bad batteries. Not having a tester, I went out and purchased one to test it and the batteries where bad. Called customer service back and told them that the batteries where bad. I was told there was nothing they could do because it was over thirty days since I had purchased them. Bought two new batteries and it worked fine. I'm not willing to buy a product from a company that is not willing to stand behind it right out of the box. My next camera will be a Moultrie or Bushnell.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:41 pm 

I have a pair of SmartScouter cameras in remote, inaccessible locations. Get the external antenna and the external battery pack and solar charger, set it up, and then sit at home and have your photos sent to you by text message (actually MMS) or collect them on the web page set up for you. The battery will last indefinitely by continual charge from the solar panel, and you can change the frequency of transmissions, the sensitivity settings, all that kind of thing from the convenience of your office, or any place you have a smartphone or Internet access and a browser.

I had a WildGame Innovations Pulse 10X that I bought because of the so-called WiFi, that turned out to be a complete farce. Don't even bother with that FieldNet thing. It doesn't work at all. The camera itself worked very well for not quite 2 years and then died a big death. They don't repair them, either.

I've got a few Moultrie 80XT cameras and I echo the sentiments about the battery life being nothing like what is described. I might get 3 weeks out of the finest, most expensive lithium batteries when the camera is in video mode, but if I goof and only have standard alkaline AA's with me, they will be lucky ot last 10 days. The camera is pretty bulletproof, but it does occasionally shoot blank pictures and run the batteries down way too fast.

I'm still looking for some investors who would like to create a reliable game camera that transmits pictures reliably through the cellular network on a reliable basis. Did I say I wanted something reliable? We could kill in the marketplace.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 am 
SILVER
SILVER

Well I have a Wildview STC-WV24 from GSM in Grand Prairie Texas and it will be the last Wildview camera that I own! I bought the camera as a Christmas gift on November 14, but did not open it until Christmas, over a month later. The camera did not keep the date/time setting and did not take photos when I know for a fact that there was a hog in front of it. I tried to get it to work for a couple of weeks before I called for warranty support. Yep! You guessed it! The camera was purchased in November so it was out of warranty. The customer service representative told me how to perform a “hard reset” (a procedure that is not in the manual), but that did not help either. Finally I wrote a letter to the company president and he authorized a replacement in February. The replacement camera will hold the date/time and will take great photos during the day light hours. Night time photos are very, very poor. Needless to say, this will be the last Wildview game camera that I purchase and I do not recommend their products to anyone. I will be watching this topic to see what you guys are using so that I know what to purchase for my next camera.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

RB1981 wrote:
Currently I'm running 5 moultrie m-80xt. Overall I have had good success w/ithis brand & style. It takes great day/night pics, operates like clockwork, sometimes one or two of the cameras will eat a set of batteries for some unforeseen reason(this is a mystery to me). I did have one of these TC I replaced last year due to it just stopped working one day after 12 months of use. I warrantied it and haven't had any issues since then. I recently picked a moultrie-990gi, I will be putting this TC out later in the week and will post a review on down the road.

I have several Stealth Cam G42NG cameras and love them but one failed on me for the rreason you listed, it would go thru a set of batteries like crazy - factory rep told me what to do, but it didn't work - so threw it away. the others are all working great. I had several of the Stealth Cam G45NG models tho and returned them all - after 2 weeks or so they would all return to the original factory settings - got tired of that!!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:48 pm 
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

None of the cameras I have used actually take photos at their advertised resolution. -- All they do is magnify a smaller photo, which leads to grainy resolution.
A 15 - 20 Megapixel camera should take STUNNING photos. Yet, at 10 yards you can't even count points on antlers. Thats the equivelant of 5 megapixels. All the camera does is blow up a 5 MP to to 15 MP (digital resize).

My 15 year old 5 MP (15.00 camera) takes better photos.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:05 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

TEXASBOARS wrote:
None of the cameras I have used actually take photos at their advertised resolution. -- All they do is magnify a smaller photo, which leads to grainy resolution.
A 15 - 20 Megapixel camera should take STUNNING photos. Yet, at 10 yards you can't even count points on antlers. Thats the equivelant of 5 megapixels. All the camera does is blow up a 5 MP to to 15 MP (digital resize).

My 15 year old 5 MP (15.00 camera) takes better photos.

I read in an article that the advertised mega-pixel is just that, an advertising and not much to it - they explained that it is not what is advertised - well, we live in a very deceptive world today, marketing whatever to increase corporate profits. I fall for some of this stuff sometimes, only to realize I got taken, yet again

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:20 pm 
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

The trail cam industry is full of,,, how else can say it,, BS.

The Feeder Light industry is now the same way. Pure BS advertising

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 am 
SILVER
SILVER

TEXASBOARS wrote:

It seems to be that way with almost everything nowdays - it's a deceptive world that we live in.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:35 am 

TEXASBOARS wrote:

i think to may agree with u

[ 12 posts ] 

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » SCOPES OPTICS NIGHTVISION TRAILCAMS » TRAILCAMS