Forum    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » ANTLERS HORNS and FUR

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Friday All Nighter...
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:04 am 

Well guys my brother and I will be going just south of San Antonio Friday afternoon to hunt some hogs. Land owner says he has seen a 350+lb brown boar with some big cutters running around so I aim to get at him. We will be hunting all night and into the morning if need be. Hopefully we will have some video footage to upload so stay tuned.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:33 am 
HONORED
HONORED

I hope you get him . :thumbup:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:06 pm 
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

:idea: HOGGER, I wish I had your light ready!! :o
Missed opportunity :oops:
I'll get on it, OK.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 am 

Well unfortunately the hunt was a scam. The guy sold us a hunt and the property was not his nor (as far as we know) he did not have permission to organize or lease the land for hunting. We stayed on the land from 6pm Friday night until 4:30am Saturday morning without a single sighting of a hog. We stalked over 3/4 of the property and had no luck at all. We did see 5 deer which we got within 20 yards of. It will most likely be the last time I pay for a hunt like that. Just cannot trust anyone at all anymore. The hunt was $75 each and even though it was a small amount, $75 is $75. Lol. I need some hog meat and a good hunt after this... I hope everyone else had a better weekend than we did. And Kevin, no worries man, it'll get done when you have time bro. I know you are busy. Next 10 days I am home I will be going to either Cross Plains (deer lease) or Atlanta,Texas (close friend has 50acre family land there) to hopefully get on some hogs. I hear over in Atlanta (Cass County) the hogs are plentiful. :thumbup:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:41 am 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

:o :shock: Holy crap dude, sorry to hear that, you should make a thread about the name of so-called business so no one else gets ripped by this guy.

Did you sick the sheriff & or game warden on this guy?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:58 am 
SILVER
SILVER

WOW, Hard to understand that it would be hard to find a place to hunt hogs in Texas with all the stories about how Texas is over run with hogs and video's of helicopters flying around with a shooter killing them by the hundreds, but this post may tell the true story and best be careful of who you would book a hunt with, I went on one of them Deer book hunts in low state South Carolina years ago that used dogs and we only killed one Deer, big rip off.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 pm 

Yeah guys it was upsetting to say the least. He even tried to play up the property with stories and thus and that. Before leaving on the property to hunt he made sure to coincidentally see a big 300+lb black boar from 300 yards away (actually 150 yards) then had my buddy sit the road in case he sighted him and the guy and I walked through a dried up creek to trail said hog. I saw no sign or tracks of the hog nor any other for that matter. Just goes to show you that you cannot trust nor rely on anyone to be honest these days. Sucks! I would never do that to anyone. I love hunting and love getting new folks involved in hunting. My goal is to hopefully find a landowner who is not all about the all mighty dollar who will allow me to hunt their property then with the kills be able to hold community cookouts to help feed needy folks around my area. But I know also that what I am after is like a needle in a hay stack. I will post the links of the guy along with his first name and number after I talk to Kevin to make sure I go about it the correct way so that no one else is scammed by this guy.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:24 am 
SILVER
SILVER

Sorry to hear that you were treated like that. Cass County Texas is over run with wild hogs, but they are smart hogs. The minute they feel any hunting pressure, they move for a good while. I live just a little bit south of Atlanta. I have five traps out and have only caught two hogs this year, so far. Part of that is because the hogs are also trap smart. I see a lot on the game camera and I see where they have torn up my fields, but like I said, the minute you apply a little hunting pressure, they go over to the neighbors for a while. Better luck with your next hunt.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:37 am 

Thanks Fred. Yeah hogs are smart despite some popular belief, lol. I know many residents in Atlanta are attempting to trap them, but what they don't understand is the pressure will move them and sometimes for weeks at a time. The best way to get them is at night in their own element. That of which I am capable and prepared to do. I have my own equipment and through years of knowledge and trial and error I believe I can get at em. If you need some hogs taken out let me know (wink, wink), lol. I hope to have a feeder and feeder light set in place within the next couple of months there in Atlanta with a game cam recording the hog activity. It is a 6 1/2 hour drive for me so I cannot afford to go there as much as I'd like. Good luck on your land sir.

[ 9 posts ] 

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » ANTLERS HORNS and FUR