Forum    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » FINS and FEATHERS

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising.

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:21 am 

Hello, I am new to here. I finally got a fishing Kayak, meaning my access to the fishing of South Central Texas, as well as the rest of the state, has exponentially increased. I've fished on and off over the past decade with license, and also while a minor. I plan on finally getting my money's worth for the license. I enjoy catch and release, but with more versatility in my access, I do intend to take my limit at times (Bass is tasty). I am wondering if there are any waters I should avoid taking fish in? Sadly, not all of the lakes, reservoirs, and rivers are the cleanest and it has been a while since I did anything but C&R. It is one thing to do C&R in not as clean bodies of water, but I don't want to eat run-off and other things that can taint the water and wildlife.

Thanks!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:14 pm 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

Most of the freshwater lakes in Texas are ok for fish consumption. The TPWD does put warning signs up at the boat ramps on any public waters where they deem there to be a danger from eating the fish. We have a few of those signs in my area. I live south of Houston, and fish waters in the Galveston bay area. Some of the signs in my area give instruction on eating the fish. Clear Creak is one such water body. The ramps on the creak have signs warning against consumption of fish taken from the creak. This is due to pollution from factories in the area.

Look for warning signs at public boat ramps to tell you about the safety of eating fish in those waters.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

[ 2 posts ] 

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » FINS and FEATHERS