Forum    FAQ

Board index » WILDBOAR HUNTING AND TRAPPING » HOGS WITH DOGS

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 14 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:15 pm 
HONORED
HONORED

I am extrememley irritated and need some imput. this in no way is meant for any of the excellent doggers that i know. i woke up and went outside and found what appears to be a plott hound with a tracking device cut color on. i played with him a bit and started thinking ive never known any doggers around my place as ive had it for the last few years. i found the dog had a number on its tag so i called i asked the young kid named tommy if he lost a dog, he said yes but he is tracking it and is getting close. i asked him where he is at he stateded in the pasture on 94. on the north side. ( this is my lease property) so i met up with him started talking he said he has been roaming this area for years they put out on a buddies place behind the creek, that him and his buddy put a feeder up on my back pond ( although yet he didnt know it was my lease) i let him continue tot alk said theyve killed some big ones back here and told me everywhere where they been finding hogs.( ironically i found a dead dog and a dead deer on my property out of season, the dog had the same collar as his pit and bay dog. last year i had my swamp ghost game cam stolen and a Texas boar 2 watt feeder light stolen one of the origionals.
i finally said Tommy look i have the lease rights to this place gave the guys name and number i said ive had things stolen and thought there had been people on the place. he already stated many times hes been roaming my place. He said he also roams all these other places. I hate to see the kid get in major trouble but he needs to respect peoples properties any advice will be helpful. this is by no way how all doggers are most i know are excellent people who would never do such a thing

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:06 pm 
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Also consider how many other places they have done the same things on and done to.
I say the Game Warden needs to know about all of that.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:30 pm 
GOLD
GOLD

My opinion, unless you know his mom or dad, the Game Warden is your only option.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:14 am 
SILVER
SILVER

Howie, its not like you to get upset like this! But I can understand when you actually catch someone on your property, its get you to thinking what else they may be up too. I think your best option with this is to ask the game warden to talk with the kid and his parents. Tell the game warden about your missing items also, just in case he sees them at the parents home. Its all well and good to be a kid and its even better to be a kid that hunts, but you have to obey the rules, you just cannot run all over others property.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:44 pm 
HONORED
HONORED

I spoke with the game warden surprisingly he lives in the same town and he also is an avid bowhunter, i turned over the texts the video of the hog dog and everything i know. come to find out there have been several neigboors complaining about this as well. across from my house is a DR who owns a good chunk of land the kid stated he has asked the dr to dog hunt on his property which he declines. the kid stated that he usually catches the hogs right by the highway which is right at my house. and in my fishing spot at the creek i found a dead deer that was quartered a doe and a dead dog a hound of somesort with the same collar. i took the warden to show him the dead dog and it has the same number on the collar that i called which the dog was on my lease property.
Fred you are right i usually dont get upset. but ive been trying to gther footage via vidseo cam of me hunting hogs at night with the kryptolite to show kevin and wham i get smacked right in the face by this. i wondered why hogs werent coming in. because trespassers running dogs for hogs. this is not to take anything away from the great responsible dog hunters who have a good sense of boundries and such its just around here there are very few big chunks of land usually 20 acres is considered huge

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:35 pm 

howie1968 wrote:
around here there are very few big chunks of land usually 20 acres is considered huge

I wouldn't even think about running dogs on a 20 acre property. Kid needs a firm smack to the side of the head. I agree with giving the GW all the info you have on this kid.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:37 am 
HONORED
HONORED

I hunt no property that I don't have written permission to hunt on. That is the Law.
Hunters on both sides are just not responcible and want respect laws and fences. He told me I could hunt isn't going to get it when the GW catchs them.
Respect others rights and property and they will respect you. Most all hunters just don't get along with other hunters.
Together we stand, divided we fall. Anties love to see us not agreeing with each other.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 am 
GOLD
GOLD

I'll also say this Howie, when I was 14 to 18, I didn't respect property lines. I went where I wanted, I saw that part of the countryside as my playground. Those were some of the best days of my life and I'm thankful now no one took that from me. But, after I got older I began to respect others land and quit jumping fences. It's a maturity thing I think. But, this kid is running dogs and illegally killing deer where he pleases. That's pushed it from a kid growing up and living free(which I promote as he'll soon run out of time for this soul searching) to criminal. Play time is over.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 am 
HONORED
HONORED

Mr. Mason you are so right!!! irregardless of this situation i stand by all hunters there choice of weapon or method. maybe this wasnt the best place to vent but im out a swamp ghostcam and a TB feeder light i had for 8 years. i got the camera from a good friend Swampghost on the old forumn and the lights kevin and patrick brought to me personally when they came to visit and hunt.
i support hog dogging 100 percent. im just frustrated as ive been putting some video together of hunts ive been doing and to have this happen. I truly understand about the antis and together we stand and divided we fall. ideally id like it to work out to where i get my things back and maybe just a stern talking to the young man. im a forgiving person, since i mentioned to him about my lights and camera he wont text back and ive called he wont answer calls..
im going to try and hook up with a few guys i knw and do a dog hunt, maybe i will understand more about it.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:31 pm 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

Tresspassing, poaching, killing deer illegally, and theft are all wrong and should be dealt with through the game warden or local law enforcement. It doesn't matter if it was a hog dogger, or a bow hunter, or a rifle hunter. It could have been done by anybody. The need to catch whoever did it, and punish them.

As for the kid, if it's found that he did it, they need to punish him. He doesn't get a free ride just because he's younger than us. He needs to be taught right from wrong. And so far it seems he's been allowed to run wild and do things he shouldn't be doing. Him being a hog dogger is irrelevant.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:40 am 
HONORED
HONORED

my hogs are gone off the place!!! but you are right Marty i just didnt know how to deal with it all the places ive ever had were so thick nobody would even want to go on them. ive still got a few more spots i may have to invest some time in see if i can keep hogs around those spots im now starting to get better at video

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:24 am 
GOLD
GOLD

Howie, didn't you say some time ago you were retiring from the hunt and focusing on fishing?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:52 am 
HONORED
HONORED

yes mr gary i did, guess i couldnt stick to my word. i think i had gotten so burned out because thats all i did 365 days a year. i got interested in fishihng, after a year of fishing and doing some remote hiking /fishing trips it rekindled my love of hunting. Made me did down deep and i realized its not the kill that excites me but rather the challenge of getting within 10-15 yards of an animal with the option of harvesting it. i hiked miles into national forest just to fish in a small creek doing that and seeing deer and hogs made my adrenaline go. so last year i redirected rather then just hunt pigs the whole year my year goes like this starting in febuary i hit the white bass run, in march im getting ready for bass fishing and hunting hogs, scouting deer ands looking for sheds. april im getting ready for some catfishing and a few 3D shoots may and june catfish jusly and august gar fishing and a few saltwater trips september through january deer hunting and hog hunting and by doing this ive learned to enjoy both more as im not just hunting pigs only

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:41 pm 
GOLD
GOLD

Wonderful, enjoy.

[ 14 posts ] 

Board index » WILDBOAR HUNTING AND TRAPPING » HOGS WITH DOGS