Forum    FAQ

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » GENERAL GUNS AND LOADS

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:03 pm 
HONORED
HONORED

Like everyone else addicted to hunting hogs i am always adapting means and methods. Hogs are steadily coming into our subdivisions and towns. since around March ive gotten into PCP air rifles and air bows. these pcp weapons utilize HPA high pressure air to propel a bullet or slug or arrow in some cases. I currently have several A Hatsan 25 flashpup .25 and a Hatsan flash .25 and a air texas .45 i have a Umarex air sabre which propells a 350 grain arrow at around 486 fps the first 10 shots average around 450 fps with a standard deviation of less than 25 fps on my chronygraph. accuracy with all of these is amazing. the air sabre produces 175 lbs of kinetic enrergy which 75 lb more pounds than any current crossbow i have there is no arrow recovery blows right through any size boar with a slick trick broadhead.
The air rifles 10 shot groups of these tuned air rifles is 10 shots .75 at 50 yards as long as the wind is nil. my setups are 20 yards or less so far 11 hogs has fell to my pcpc air rifles in .25 using 44.71 gr slugs shots into the skull pigs drt. being a specialty weaopon everything has to be 100 percent perfect a shot to the brain is the only shot to take im finding im getting more places to hunt or invites into suburban areas by utilizing these different tactics.
the .45 texan fire solid lead slugs 245 grains at about 800 fps it is fully shrouded and moderated and big bore air rifles are now legal to hunt deer in Texas as long as it retains 215 lbs of Kinetic energy. just some things ive been doing wabnted to share with yall

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:07 pm 
BRONZE
BRONZE

Cool. :) Keep us posted on how the hunting goes.

Semper Fi,

Tom

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:00 pm 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

Sounds like a fun way to hunt Howie!! One of these days I'm gonna have to get back up your way for some fun hunting with you again.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

[ 3 posts ] 

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » GENERAL GUNS AND LOADS