Forum    FAQ

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » GENERAL GUNS AND LOADS

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:31 am 
BRONZE
BRONZE

I put reflective tape on my trailer gate in a T shape, along a long section of dirt road where I could check parallax out to 600 yds when I tried those 2 adj parallax scopes. I think I’ll do that with these fixed parallax scopes to see where the powers above 9x are parallax free and record that data. It just might help long range accuracy over 200 yds. Will report finding on the Zeiss & Steiner. The Steiner is tracking very well. The Zeiss is lights out on holding Zero even though it took a shot or 2 to settle cross-hairs. Not sure why I said “settled x-Hairs” because I should have said “accuracy came back”.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:29 pm 
BRONZE
BRONZE

Placed corn today & checked cams with wind shifting. I missed the running hog I do believe... had 2 bears, 4 pigs (appear to be losing their spots), 2 deer & 1 coyote. Since I placed corn 100 & 200 yds, I decided to check the Xbolt for parallax at 200 yds. Cross hairs were moving at 9x & 11x, cross hairs were not moving on 10x so I shot on 9x at 100 then 200 yds getting a 1” group on 10x. Impact was directly above zero at 100 yds & 200 yds. The lens movement past 9x is definitely causing a parallax error @ 100 yds.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:56 pm 
BRONZE
BRONZE

Ronnie, I don't have any personal experience with variable scopes that go over 9x. I currently use 1x5 and 3x9 scopes, the latter with AOE for parallax. If it's changing at 9x and higher magnification, it sounds like a scope issue or design dlaw. Just my opinion tho...

Semper Fi,

Tom

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:13 pm 
BRONZE
BRONZE

These 2 scopes are my 1st experience with fixed power above 3-9 power. All I can contribute is what I’m seeing. The Zeiss on the Xbolt is extremely accurate and takes a lot of bouncing on trails where I hunt. I did read info from from top shooters who state that fixed parallax scopes have this issue but I’m beginning to believe the mfg like Zeiss & Steiner know what they are doing so I’ll test the higher powers and shoot a few rounds at longer distances after checking with the head bobble. Take care!!

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » GUNSnAMMO RELOADING OPTICS TRAILCAMS VIDEOS » GENERAL GUNS AND LOADS