Forum    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » CAMPFIRE CHAT

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: No Hogs
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:23 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

Most likely a most unusual post - everyone, everywhere else, is overrun with hogs. I've hunted them a few years now, and never seen anything like this year - I am having to look for hog sign! Our lease is over 2K acres, but I only hunt a third of it or so - the place where I killed the most, and biggest, hogs in the past, I have killed ONE in 2 years! My 2nd best place, have only seen one track in 2-3 months - other places I'm having to look for them - a track here, one there, is all. My guess is they have been poisioned - hogs multiply like crazy, and they move around - shoot some at one location, and they leave "temporarily", of course, but 2-3 weeks & others move in, on and one it goes - usually - but not this year. People 2 miles either side of me are complaining of hogs - yet I have no answer as to why they aren't where I hunt anymore. I've moved around the swamp, cutovers - what y'all think? I/ve hunted a LOT this year, and sad to say, killed 6 hogs - boars, all. Something is going on, for sure.

Post subject: Re: No Hogs
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:00 am 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

I'm not sure where your lease is. I've seen similar results when dog hunters came in and hunted the place at night. The hogs go where they're not bothered by the dogs, at least for a while. Feed them, and they will normally come back. At least until they're run off by dogs again.

Like you mentioned, perhaps the landowner or someone else has started poisoning them. I doubt that, but it's possible. The other option is trapping. I've never seen trapping able to run all the hogs off, or able to catch all the hogs.

Let us know if you discover anything.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

[ 2 posts ] 

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » CAMPFIRE CHAT