Forum    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » CAMPFIRE CHAT

Forum rules

:arrow: You agree "NOT" to post any disrespectful, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated content.
:arrow: *No Advertising

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Prep time
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:04 am 
SILVER
SILVER

Deer season's closing, & hog night hunting in Louisiana starts in about 6 weeks on Feb. 28. Time to get ready for some hog huntin'. I may move my stands and/or feeders to counter the prevailing wind direction. Feed dry corn from the feeders, but will use some home brew soured corn as well, and bought some pig molasses or something that is supposed to attract them probably doesn't work, but will see. Need to check my Pro Hunter light and battery. Got new .35 Whelen with 225 gr. Federal bear claw supposed to be a really good bullet for large boned animals. What else do I need to do?

Post subject: Re: Prep time
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:29 pm 
DIAMOND+
DIAMOND+

Are the pigs coming in to your setup already? If they are, don't change a thing. Sometimes an abrupt change in your setup will spook the pigs for a little while, until they get used to it. Do setup for the prevailing wind though. Scent is a big deal to pigs.

http://www.feederlights.com/
The BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHTS.
http://www.inheatscents.net/
The BEST HOG HUNTING SCENTS.

Post subject: Re: Prep time
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:58 pm 
SILVER
SILVER

mley1 wrote:
Are the pigs coming in to your setup already? If they are, don't change a thing. Sometimes an abrupt change in your setup will spook the pigs for a little while, until they get used to it. Do setup for the prevailing wind though. Scent is a big deal to pigs.
Yeah I think you're right about the scent, I will probably only change that. Got some coming in now.

[ 3 posts ] 

Board index » MEMBERS IN THE FIELD » CAMPFIRE CHAT